Wednesday, January 25, 2017

2016 End of Year Check In

Wednesday, January 25, 2017 with 7 comments

I love doing stat posts based on my reading for the year. So, if you don't like charts and graphs or analysis of any kind, you can probably skip this post. :) I did one of these posts about midway through the year, too, because I just love playing with the graphics. Er, and also reviewing my reading progress. Yeah, that.

I'm a little behind, seeing as how it's been 2017 for nearly a month now, but better late than never, right? But all of a sudden, I have the urge -- and the time -- to blog again, so here I am. I'm not going to list all of the books I read in 2016 or even my favorites since I already did the 2016 End of Year Book Survey with April, but I am going to point you to my 2016 Goodreads challenge, which does list all the books I read:

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue) has read 139 books toward her goal of 225 books.
hide

I know a lot of people have stopped participating in this challenge for one reason or another, but it's the only one I participate in, and I've never had a problem reaching my goal. But that's because I listen to a shit ton of audio. ;0)





See? I hardly read a physical book last year, unless it was an ARC. Most everything is audio these days because it's sometimes impossible to find the time to sit down and read. Even so, I guarantee that nearly half of those audiobooks listened to were for re-reading purposes.





And a lot of the audiobooks I read come from the library because audiobooks are hella expensive. I do purchase some with my Audible subscription, but let's see where the rest of my reading material comes from...





Hmm...that's quite a bit different from the last time I did this end-of-year post full of charts and graphs. I didn't even use the library then!


I used to care to see which publishers I reviewed more for, but as I did a lot less reviewing this year than in years past, I'm not going to worry over that. Instead, I want to see which genres I read the most from:





As I suspected. =) And here's how the ratings break down:




So, it would seem I've gotten a bit pickier with my reading, giving out a few more 2 stars and DNFing a bit more than I have in the past. I'm kind of proud of that fact.


All in all, a pretty good reading year, if I do say so myself. :D So, how did your 2016 reading year stack up? Any stats I should include next time that you don't see here?

As always, happy reading!


7 comments:

  1. I love a good graph too and can waste hours analysing statistics! Happy to see you're another AudioSYNC fan too! Did you listen to Words In The Dust from them this year? I think that was my favourite from the selection :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! I love looking at graphs and stats, I'm a geek at heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tom has been able to awareness on the changing realities of his situation. "it is a matter of accepting what is, as opposed to what you would really like it to be. http://www.strongtesterone.com/reaction-male-enhancement/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zyntix Many manufacturers see a loophole and produce substandard medications and gear that proved dangerous and ineffective.

    ReplyDelete
  5. DR EMU WHO HELP PEOPLE IN ANY TYPE OF LOTTERY NUMBERS
    It is a very hard situation when playing the lottery and never won, or keep winning low fund not up to 100 bucks, i have been a victim of such a tough life, the biggest fund i have ever won was 100 bucks, and i have been playing lottery for almost 12 years now, things suddenly change the moment i came across a secret online, a testimony of a spell caster called dr emu, who help people in any type of lottery numbers, i was not easily convinced, but i decided to give try, now i am a proud lottery winner with the help of dr emu, i won $1,000.0000.00 and i am making this known to every one out there who have been trying all day to win the lottery, believe me this is the only way to win the lottery.

    Dr Emu can also help you fix this issues

    (1)Ex back.
    (2)Herbal cure & Spiritual healing.
    (3)You want to be promoted in your office.
    (4)Pregnancy spell.
    (5)Win a court case.

    Contact him on email Emutemple@gmail.com
    What’s app +2347012841542
    Website Https://emutemple.wordpress.com/
    Facebook page Https://web.facebook.com/Emu-Temple-104891335203341

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...