Saturday, August 20, 2016

So, since my end-of-the-week post isn't just about what I got in my mailbox or on my Kindle each week -- though that is a big part of it, I won't lie -- I decided to change up the title and intro a bit.  I might tweak the format a bit over time, but for the most part, it'll contain the same stuff: stuff I got, stuff I did, and stuff that's coming up on the blog.  Plus, I get to use the awesome GIF you see here and blow kisses to all the people who sent me lovely books and bookish things.  Oh, and I've started linking up to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Sunday Post hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer since I'm not using a specific meme title anymore.

I can't believe Katie is already going back to school this week! Where did the summer go? I feel like we did a lot of fun stuff so even though she had to go to daycare a lot since I couldn't take a ton of time off, I think she still had a good summer.

     Katie: This summer was shorter.
     Me: Nope, same length as last year.
     Katie: Well, it went by faster.

Poor kid. What she doesn't understand yet is that it's only going to go by faster from here on out. And she's growing up soooo fast. She has a crush on the neighbor kid -- but shhhh! Daddy doesn't know this yet or he wouldn't let her have playdates with this boy anymore, lol. He's a year older than her and quirky and wears glasses and I've already imagined a best friends to more romance for them. It's going to be glorious! :D

Okay, okay. On to the books. Here's what I scored this week...

From Publishers/For Review:

Timekeeper (Timekeeper, #1)

I actually got this one last week, but I forgot to post about it, so I'm doing it this week since I didn't request anything or receive anything this week. Anyway, it's a timey wimey YA featuring a M/M romance and I am so on board with that.

Traded:



I am ecstatic to add this book to my stacks, especially as I just featured it as a WoW pick recently. :D :D :D

I just posted a new #booksfortrade | Have You Seen This? post this week! I updated my lists, too! I'm still looking for a few high profile ARCs, like Throne of Glass, On the Fence, and Scarlet (Gaughen), plus some other 2016 releases, including Wintersong and Traitor to the Throne, plus others.


Purchased:

Nothing new this week...and let me tell you, my shelves (and my husband!) are grateful! =P

Library:

Romancing the Duke (Castles Ever After, #1)Say Yes to the Marquess (Castles Ever After, #2)When a Scot Ties the Knot (Castles Ever After, #3)

I've been in the mood for some adult reads lately. And romance. And this series fits the bill. So much fun!!!


So, that's my haul. =) What fabulous bookmail did you get this week?



The Week in Review:

Reviews:

The Architect of Song (Haunted Hearts Legacy, #1)Blood For Blood (Wolf By Wolf, #2)

Current Giveaways:

Check back soon!!!

Promotional/Discussion Posts:

Currently Reading/Listening:

This Is Our StoryI've never read a story that featured hunting or hunters but I'm very intrigued by the premise of this one. My hubby is a hunter and I can't even imagine if he went out with four other guys and then came back one short.




Currently Listening:

Nevernight (The Nevernight Chronicle, #1)I put this one on hold this past week while I read some regency romance because, well, because that's what I felt like doing. But I only have maybe 30% of this audiobook left, so I'm going to finish it this week. And I'm sure I'll love the ending even more than I've enjoyed the rest of the audio.







Follow on BloglovinLike honest reviews & giveaways?  Be sure to follow us on Bloglovin' so you never miss out!

 Instagram Like pretty pictures of books and bookish things? Follow me on Instagram! I also host IG giveaways from time to time. :D


Subscribe by email:




3 comments:

  1. Tessa Dare always has good historicals. I hope you love all of your new books.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your posts always have such fun gifs. I love that you see the friends to romance in your daughter's crush. Sounds like the makings of a love story:) Enjoy your new books. Looks like some happy reading ahead for you.

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the Architect of Song! And I also love your Billy Madison gif. :-) Hope you have a great week!
    Check out my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...