Saturday, June 11, 2016

So, since my end-of-the-week post isn't just about what I got in my mailbox or on my Kindle each week -- though that is a big part of it, I won't lie -- I decided to change up the title and intro a bit.  I might tweak the format a bit over time, but for the most part, it'll contain the same stuff: stuff I got, stuff I did, and stuff that's coming up on the blog.  Plus, I get to use the awesome GIF you see here and blow kisses to all the people who sent me lovely books and bookish things.  Oh, and I've started linking up to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Sunday Post hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer since I'm not using a specific meme title anymore.
I haven't been around much lately -- on the blog or social media or anywhere, really -- because I've been dealing with some health issues and haven't felt like doing much of anything. Except bingeing some Netflix shows, but I don't think that urge ever really goes away, lol. But I'm feeling almost human again, and I've got plenty of posts drafted and in progress, including some discussions with April because we've been talking and we both really miss that aspect of blogging. So, assuming no other issues befall me in the near future, expect to see me around more. =)

(I love Teen Titans Go. :P It's, like, one of the only cartoons I actually don't mind watching with my kiddo, animated movies aside. And Pain Bot really symbolizes my week.)

Okay, okay. On to the books. Here's what I scored this week...

From Publishers:



 Instagram

OMG! Huge, huge thanks to Macmillan and Random House for these amazing books. If I hadn't been in pain when they arrived, I would have done some serious happy dancing.


Traded:

New #booksfortrade | Have You Seen This? post with some new books up for grabs! I'm still looking for a few high profile ARCs, like Throne of Glass, The Near Witch, and Scarlet (Gaughen), plus some other 2016 releases.

Freebies:

I'll Give You the SunZac and Mia

Grab either or both of these titles from SYNC now thru next Wednesday!

Library:

The Kiss of Deception (The Remnant Chronicles, #1)The Heart of Betrayal (The Remnant Chronicles, #2)

I know the final book doesn't release until August, but my brain still believes I should have it in my hands this month, when it was originally scheduled for release. I can't help myself. I love this series and I'm beyond excited for The Beauty of Darkness.


So, that's my haul. =) What fabulous bookmail did you get this week?



The Week in Review:

Reviews:

Salt to the Sea

Current Giveaways:

Check back soon!

Promotional/Discussion Posts:
Currently Reading:

The Near Witch (The Near Witch, #1)This was a last-minute decision to read this last night after discussing the book with my friend Sabrina, but it's the only VSchwab novel I haven't read. If I'm being honest, I was jealous that Sabrina had decided to read it, which is totally ridiculous since I've owned the book for years and never once picked it up, even after discovering the amazing that is Victoria Schwab's mind.




Currently Listening:

The Heart of Betrayal (The Remnant Chronicles, #2)I know I'm premature in my re-listen, but both books happened to be available at the library and I really wanted to listen to something I knew I would love. So, here we are...




Recently Read/Needs Review:


A Week of Mondays738 DaysCaraval (Untitled, #1)Ever the Hunted (Clash of Kingdoms, #1)
The Unexpected EverythingThe Rose & the Dagger (The Wrath & the Dawn, #2)A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2)The Last Star (The 5th Wave, #3)




Follow on BloglovinLike honest reviews & giveaways?  Be sure to follow us on Bloglovin' so you never miss out!

Instagram Like pretty pictures of books and bookish things? Follow me on Instagram! I also host IG giveaways from time to time. :D


Subscribe by email:




12 comments:

  1. I hope you get to feeling better soon! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome haul. I hope you feel better this week. You got a lot of reading done this week.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that you're feeling better Jen! Yay for Heartless and A Shadow Bright and Burning. Can't wait to see what you think of them :)
    This week I received The Museum of Heartbreak from Simon and Schuster (so I'm pretty excited about that)
    Great post! =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're feeling better! <3 I so badly want to read Heartless, it sounds SO GOOD.

    Enjoy your new books! :)

    Kyra @ Blog of a Bookaholic
    My Book Haul!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you'll feel better soon, Jen.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just got I'll Give You The Sun yesterday! This is really a YA golden age of books. There are so many wonderful books out right now, and I want to read them all, immediately!!! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the SNL gif! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing haul Jen. I do hope you feel better, dealing with pain effects everything.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have read some awesome books the past week! And I'm jealous of Heartless! The Near Witch is the only book by that author that I've tried to read, and I didn't really like it, so never finished it. So I can't decide if I want to read any of her other books.
    Check out my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you're feeling better! Heartless!!! I want to get that one so bad! Hope you enjoy them all :-). I'm a bloglovin' and IG follower! Visitors to my blog are always welcome so please stop by and see my StS here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice haul! Bit jealous of Heartless there! I hope you love it. The Kiss of Deception and The Art of Betrayal are both on my TBR. Great trades as well. I hope you enjoy all these! Now I must go read your review of Salt to the Sea....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...