Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


Here are the books we're teasing this week:

Add to Goodreads
Title: Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea
Author: April Genevieve Tucholke
Series: Between, book #1
Publisher: Dial
Publication Date: August 15, 2013
Source: ARC from publisher for review
Purchase: Amazon | Barnes & Noble

You stop fearing the devil when you’re holding his hand…

Nothing much exciting rolls through Violet White’s sleepy, seaside town…until River West comes along. River rents the guesthouse behind Violet’s crumbling estate, and as eerie, grim things start to happen, Violet begins to wonder about the boy living in her backyard. Is River just a crooked-smiling liar with pretty eyes and a mysterious past? Or could he be something more? Violet’s grandmother always warned her about the Devil, but she never said he could be a dark-haired boy who takes naps in the sun, who likes coffee, who kisses you in a cemetery...who makes you want to kiss back. Violet’s already so knee-deep in love, she can’t see straight. And that’s just how River likes it.

Blending faded decadence and the thrilling dread of gothic horror, April Genevieve Tucholke weaves a dreamy, twisting contemporary romance, as gorgeously told as it is terrifying—a debut to watch.

     "Gianni let River's sudden rudeness roll right off him. He reached forward and shook River's hand. "I'm Gianni." There was a pause, and River looked at me, and Gianni looked at me, and I turned to the open window and tried not to look at anyone."
-- p. 183 of ARC

Um, awkward.  :)  You guys, I actually stopped reading my other reads because I can't get enough of this creeptastic book.  All the hype?  Worth it!

What are you teasing this week?  Share it in the comments or leave a link so we can visit!

18 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are really enjoying reading this book.

    Thanks for the teaser!

    CarolynBrown-Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, that's a funny teaser, thanks for sharing!
    Here's mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting teaser. Sounds cool. Here is my TT http://cynthia2729.wordpress.com/2013/07/23/teaser-tuesday-july-23/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, I am desperate to read this one. I tried to get my hands on it with no luck. I'm so happy to hear you are addicted to reading it! I love that the hype is worth it and it is creepy. :-)

    My Friends Are Fiction's TT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice teaser. I've been curious about this book since I first heard of it. Glad it is living up to your hopes. Please come see my teasers from Runt by Nora Raleigh Baskin and The White Princess by Philippa Gregory. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want! I want! I WANT!!!! :D

    Glad you're enjoying it. Thanks for the teaser!! Consider me teased. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want this book so bad. Glad to hear it is worth all the hype though, Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome teaser, I'm so excited for this book! Glad to hear it's creeptastic! Awkward moments are lovely moments haha.

    Here's my teaser at Bookmunchies (:

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice teaser. The tension is great. Thanks for sharing, Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoyed this one so much! I'm having trouble putting my feelings into words with my review, but I'm going to do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This one looks interesting!

    My TT

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so jealous! I have been wanting to read this since the synopsis first popped up on my radar. Are you planing on writing a review?

    Here's my TT: http://followthewritingrabbit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait to get my hands on this book! It sounds awesome and your teaser made me want it even more. Thanks for sharing!

    Here's our Teaser this week.

    Diana @ BookVenturers

    ReplyDelete
  14. An intriguing teaser.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/07/teaser-tuesday_23.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. I liked the majority of this book! Have you finished it yet? I don't want to spoil anything, but I'd love to discuss... Your teaser selection does make me wish I had the ARC with me just so I could refer back to some of the really beautiful writing *sigh.* (I borrowed it from a friend since it was one of my most anticipated reads of 2013).

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooo, this is why I love these teasers. This is a new book to me. Thank you!

    If you'd like to stop by we have two teasers this week as well. :)
    http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/2013/07/teaser-tuesday-171.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVE the cover, the title, and the synopsis. I'm glad you're enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So glad you like this! I thought it was definitely creepy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...