Wednesday, March 20, 2013



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's WoW selection is...




Add to Goodreads
Title: The Elementals
Author: Saundra Mitchell
Series: The Vespertine, book #3
Publisher: Harcourt Children's Books
Publication Date: June 4, 2013

In 1917, war spells the death of one age in Europe; the rise of motion pictures heralds the birth of a new one in America. Caught between both are two extraordinary souls, bound by destiny.

Kate Witherspoon has lived a bohemian life with her artist parents, and she’s infused with their wanton disregard for social norms. She’s determined to become a film director, and she doesn’t intend to do that in a corset.

Meanwhile, midwestern farm boy Julian Birch has inherited the tenacity and wanderlust that fueled his parents’ adventures. War calls, yet not for him—but he refuses to let his disability define him.

Strangers driven by a shared vision, Kate and Julian set out separately for Los Angeles, the city of dreams. There, they each struggle to find their independence. When they finally meet, the teenage runaways realize their true legacy: the ability to triumph over death, over time. But as their powerful parents before them learned, all magic comes with a price. In this sweeping companion to The Vespertine and The Springsweet, the teenage children of the heroes of the previous novels confront a decades-old tragedy still unfolding. At the crucial moment, will Kate and Julian have the courage to embrace their gifts?


Why I'm waiting:  Eeek!  I just knew a meeting of the kindred spirits from the previous novels was due, but I had no idea this book would be about their offspring, who apparently inherited supernatural powers of their own.  I love how each companion novel in this series has had a different setting, a different backdrop, resulting in a completely different story for each book.  I loved both of the previous books and I can't wait to see how this story develops!

What are you waiting on this week?  Feel free to share it in the comments or leave a link so I can stop by!

14 comments:

  1. Oh neat I hadn't heard of this before, sounds good though.

    Here's my WoW pick for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds so good. This one was new to me and I added it. I think it sounds amazing. Nice pick

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not read these books! I recognized the font in the title right away. They do sound like pretty interesting books. :)

    My W.O.W.

    Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm... I haven't heard of this series before. Strange! I'll definitely have to go check it out. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pick Jen! I still have yet to read the series but since you liked it I can't wait to pick it up!

    Happy Reading
    My WoW: http://wwwthebookshelves.blogspot.com/2013/03/waiting-on-wednesday-24-dirty-little.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool pick. Thanks for sharing. I'd love to start this series soon.

    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/03/waiting-on-wednesday-39.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read this series but it's on my list to do one of these days. :) Lovely cover.
    My WoW Pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The series sounds exciting, I can see why you'd love it. Hope that last book sweeps you off your feet again! My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. I guess I need to get on these books! I'm so behind!! Haha. And I do love historical. I hope you love this one!

    Check out MY WOW?
    <333 Inky @ Book Haven Extraordinaire

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never read this series, but I'm reading In the Shadow of Blackbirds now, which takes place at the same time period and also features an unconventional heroine!

    You can find me here: Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't even heard of this series before now. WHERE have I been!? I need to get on this!

    New Follower <3!
    Beth | The Reading Vixens [Formerly YA Vixens]
    Vixen's WoW!
    Enter our FIRST OFFICIAL GIVEAWAY @ The Reading Vixens!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never heard of this series before. I think I'm going to have to check it out!!!!

    My WOW

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great choice! I loved The Vespertine and even though I still haven't read The Springsweet this one is on my 'buy as soon as possible' list!

    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...