Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week's teaser comes from the following book:

Add to Goodreads
Title:  Monstrous Beauty
Author:  Elizabeth Fama
Series:  n/a
Publisher:  Farrar, Straus and Giroux (BYC)
Publication Date:  September 4, 2012
Source:  Netgalley
Purchase:  Amazon | Barnes & Noble

Fierce, seductive mermaid Syrenka falls in love with Ezra, a young naturalist. When she abandons her life underwater for a chance at happiness on land, she is unaware that this decision comes with horrific and deadly consequences.

Almost one hundred forty years later, seventeen-year-old Hester meets a mysterious stranger named Ezra and feels overwhelmingly, inexplicably drawn to him. For generations, love has resulted in death for the women in her family. Is it an undiagnosed genetic defect . . . or a curse? With Ezra’s help, Hester investigates her family’s strange, sad history. The answers she seeks are waiting in the graveyard, the crypt, and at the bottom of the ocean—but powerful forces will do anything to keep her from uncovering her connection to Syrenka and to the tragedy of so long ago.


My teaser:
"He ignored the girl and flung the door open.  The light flooded out, and he heard the man scream again, muffled but with discernible words this time.  "You're kellin' her!"  It was coming from the crypt."  -- p. 174 of galley

Well, are you sufficiently teased?!?  :P  Even if I didn't know this novel was set in the Victorian era and incorporated evil mermaids into the story, I would still be intrigued.

14 comments:

  1. Good Tease! I'm so curious, now!
    Stopping by with My TT!
    Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this sounds amazing!!! I mus get this one!!!

    my TT
    http://maryellenbrady.com/2012/08/13/tuesday-teaser-the-wild-wood-by-charles-delint/

    have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's going on? Gah! Good teaser! Need to move this one up my pile

    My teaser is here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome teaser! I just got this one in the mail last week - can't wait to read it. :) Don't you just love mermaid stories? Enjoy!

    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scary teaser, enjoy!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/08/teaser-tuesday_14.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice teaser! I'm looking forward to your review.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds great! awesome teaser :)
    this is my Teaser Tuesday @ Bookmunchies

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great tease! Who is killing her? Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very interesting book! Never heard of it before...but I'll be checking it out for sure! Great teaser! Thanks for sharing!

    Here's My TT! 

    ~ Maida @ Literary Love Affair

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that cover is really creepy....I just noticed! LOL ;p

      Delete
  10. Very interesting book! Never heard of it before...but I'll be checking it out for sure! Great teaser! Thanks for sharing!

    Here's My TT! 

    ~ Maida @ Literary Love Affair

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds good! Great teaser! Thanks for sharing.
    Here's mine: http://library1baby.blogspot.com/2012/08/teaser-tuesday-13-for-luck.html

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. great tease, the book I just finished that is in my teasers, More Than Magic, has a cool mermaid girl in it, love the book, this sounds like one I would like too.
    Teaser Tuesday Tuesday & Tuesday Intros Post

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cool tease i'm more interested in the book now.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...