Friday, May 25, 2012

Daughter of Smoke and Bone
So, I have this friend who makes these amazing SIMS trailers for books. I've linked to them or tweeted about them in the past, but a little while back, I forced her to read Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor.  And she ended up loving the book as much as I did!  Maybe even more because she was inspired to create the amazing SIMS trailer you see below.

Anyway, when I asked April if I could feature her DoSaB trailer on the blog, her only request was that I make sure to give full credit to Jessica, the artist behind the drawing of Brimstone.  Jessica's work can be found on deviantART.  I don't think I could have imagined a more perfect image of Brimstone than her representation.

Also, if you want to read a little more background on how April created the trailer and such, check out her post about it. I can't imagine the work she puts into these trailers, but they are full of awesome.  She also did one for Fifty Shades of Grey, which had me rolling on the floor.  April is currently working on a trailer for the sequel.

And, without further ado, here is the beautimous SIMS trailer for Daughter of Smoke and Bone, created by the wonderfully-talented April:





You can find April on Twitter, on her blog - Sim~Sational~Books, and on YouTube.  Please stop by and tell her how awesome her trailer is!

Also, when I was working on adding the links to this post, I noticed that the cover for the sequel to DoSaB was up on Goodreads.  When did that happen?!?  In case you, too, missed it, here's the cover for Days of Blood and Starlight
:

Days of Blood & Starlight

What do you think? Awesome, right? Can't wait to get your hands on it, right? Yeah, me either!

2 comments:

  1. That's really cool! I loved Daughter of Smoke and Bone and can't wait for Days of Blood and Starlight, eek! I've been seeing the new cover all over the blogs today so I think it was just revealed. Also, that picture of Brimstone is great. It's exactly how I pictured him too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your adorable. I remember seeing you had posted this but I haven't been good with my commenting lately.

    I'm so glad you liked how it came out, I was nervous the whole time making it. thank you for the post! <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...