Friday, August 12, 2011

TGIF #4

Friday, August 12, 2011 with 2 comments


TGIF is hosted by Ginger at GReads!  In this weekly feature, Ginger poses a question to her followers and then asks everyone to link up at the end of the post, sharing their responses.




  This Friday's Question:
 
Author Block Party: If you could gather a handful of authors to hang out with, who would you choose? 


Hmmm...these questions always seem easy at first glance, but when I actually sit down to type out my response, I find myself inundated with possibilities.  After all, there are a ton of authors that I love to read and stalk online.  But when it comes down to it, these are the ladies that I'd actually want to hang out with:


 
The ever-witty, funny, clever, and uber-talented Maggie Stiefvater.  Her writing is lyrical and her self-made book trailers are phenomenal.  She's a successful writer, artist, and musician...in other words, the package deal.





Libba Bray:  writer-extraordinaire.  Is there any subject this woman cannot write about?  She tackles it all and skillfully so.  But mostly, I'd like to corner her and beg her to continue Gemma Doyle's story.  :-)







I adore Beth Revis' online presence almost as much as her writing.  There are authors that are ostentatious and then there are those that really make themselves available to their fans.  Beth falls in the latter category.






I have to admit here that I haven't yet read anything by Maureen Johnson, though I do have Little Blue Envelopes waiting for me on my Nook.  (And I'm dying to read The Name of the Star!)  But I don't know how I'd make it through the day without the comic relief of her tweets.  And then there's that steadfast way she stands up for anyone and everything she believes in.  How could anyone not love her?







Last, but certainly not least, I would have to invite Hannah Moskowitz along for the ride.  Her writing makes you thoughtful and questioning...and it makes you feel.  She seems pretty open-minded and like she'd be a ton of fun to hang out with.  And, of course, the funny.





So, yeah, pretty much, if an author can make me laugh, they're in.  Which is why it was so hard for me to narrow down my choices.  But I think I did well, especially considering how long the list was when I started...

2 comments:

  1. Laughter is always something that's so important. And for authors to be so available to their fans always makes them even more likable. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth Revis! I absolutely agree. Her online presence is fun and goofy and lovable! Good choices!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...