Monday, August 29, 2011

In My Mailbox #8

Monday, August 29, 2011 with 2 comments

In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren.  It's a weekly meme where we all get to brag about the books and swag we got in the mail, for review, won in contests, etc.




In reviewing the pile of books to add to this post, it's become abundantly clear that I should put myself on a self-imposed book-buying ban.  But then I tell myself that this is all Borders' fault for going out of business, and I'll have calmed down by the time they close the doors for good.  That was until I saw the shopping cart I had accumulated on Barnes & Noble's website.  It has 17 books in it, and those are just the books I plan to pre-order.  So, maybe a ban wouldn't be a bad idea, right?  And then maybe I'd catch up on some of the books I've already got in my collection.  Except that we're moving in September and those are all packed away.  At this point, a sensible person would point out that I have audiobooks on my iPhone that have not yet been listened to and several more unread ebooks on my Nook.  But this girl just isn't satisfied unless she's got a stack of real books waiting for her on her desk after a hard day at work.

Moving on.  Since I neglected to do an IMM post for a couple of weeks, I was tempted to split this into two posts to keep us all from getting new book overload.  But I want to brag now, and also, when you see what all I bought at Borders, maybe you'll shame me into that book-buying ban after all.

Won (or otherwise free):

Bloodlines* by Richelle Mead, ARC courtesy of Jess at Gone with the Words
Shattered Souls bookmark (signed), thanks to Jess at Gone with the Words
Faerie Ring bookmarks (signed) & pin, from the author (Kiki Hamilton)
Forever keychain, courtesy of the author (Maggie Stiefvater)
Scorpio Races postcards (signed), thanks to the author (Maggie Stiefvater)
The Girl in the Steel Corset, thanks to the publisher (Harlequin TEEN)



Bloodlines (Bloodlines, #1)The Girl in the Steel Corset (Steampunk Chronicles, #1)


*This is probably the book I am most excited about in this week's post!!!

Bought on my second trip to the Borders liquidation sale:

My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent
My Soul to Save by Rachel Vincent
My Soul to Keep by Rachel Vincent
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
Stolen by Lucy Christopher
Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins



My Soul to TakeMy Soul to SaveMy Soul to KeepMiss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
Stolen: A letter to my captorBefore I FallAnna and the French Kiss


Bought on my, ahem, third trip to the Borders liquidation sale:

Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink
Guardian of the Gate by Michelle Zink
Circle of Fire by Michelle Zink
Possession by Elana Johnson
Abandon by Meg Cabot
Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier
Angel Burn by L.A. Weatherly



Prophecy of the Sisters (Prophecy of the Sisters, #1)Guardian of the Gate (Prophecy of the Sisters, #2)Circle of Fire (Prophecy of the Sisters, #3)Possession (Possession, #1)
Abandon (Abandon Trilogy, #1)Ruby Red (Edelstein-Trilogie #1)Angel Burn (Angel Trilogy, #1)


Audiobooks:

Storm Runners by Roland Smith
Immortal by Gillian Shields
Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris
Watership Down by Richard Adams
Enclave by Ann Aguirre



Storm RunnersImmortal (Immortal, #1)Wuthering Heights
Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse, #1)Watership DownEnclave (Razorland, #1)



So.  Yeah.  Obviously, I need to do my IMMs more frequently if I'm going to keep up this habit of mine.  That, or I just need to exhibit some willpower.  Cause I don't think my bookshelf can handle much more of this.

What did you get in your mailbox this week?  Were you able to control yourself, unlike me?

2 comments:

  1. Great books!!!! I really need to get my hands on Bloodlines!!! I adore the Girl in Steel Corset and Anna!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice set of books this week. Stolen is on my TBR list. It looks like such a good book.
    Happy reading,
    Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...