Wednesday, August 3, 2011

In My Mailbox #7

Wednesday, August 3, 2011 with 4 comments

In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren.  It's a weekly meme where we all get to brag about the books and swag we got in the mail, for review, won in contests, etc.




I have a new addiction:  audiobooks.  With them, work doesn't seem so bad, AND I'm tackling my massive TBR list while accomplishing mundane tasks that would otherwise leave me unsatisfied.  So, fair warning that you'll probably be seeing a lot more of those in my IMM posts.

I have a pretty nice haul this week, if I do say so myself, so let's get right to it.

Audiobooks:
Ashes, Ashes by Jo Treggiari via SYNC
Revenge of the Witch (The Last Apprentice / Wardstone Chronicles #1) by Joseph Delaney via SYNC
Tess of D'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy via SYNC
Vampire Academy books 2-6 by Richelle Mead (got the first one in Audible's Paperback sale)

Books I bought (all but the first were purchased at the Borders liquidation sale):
Forever by Maggie Stiefvater <--Been waiting on my Maggie-doodled copy FOREVER, no pun intended.
Wolfsbane by Andrea Cremer
Supernaturally by Kiersten White
Hourglass by Myra McEntire
Blood Red Road by Moira Young
Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins
Demonglass by Rachel Hawkins

For review:
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin <--ARC tour courtesy of Good Choice Reading
The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa via Netgalley
Descended by Blood (Vampire Born #1) by Angeline Kace <--ebook from author

Other assorted goodies:
Matched by Ally Condie <--My sister had to buy me a new copy because she borrowed mine and ruined it.  (She had the nerve to put an open 2 ltr in the same bag as a book!)
Signed Across the Universe swag from Beth Revis thanks to Mickey at I'm A Book Shark
A new dust jacket for Nightshade by Andrea Cremer so that my covers match <--I actually got two by mistake, so I'm considering giving one away in a swag contest...anyone not get one??

Visually, this is what that haul looks like:

Ashes, AshesRevenge of the Witch (The Last Apprentice / Wardstone Chronicles, #1)Tess of the D'Urbervilles Frostbite (Vampire Academy, #2)Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3)Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, #4)Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy, #5)Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy, #6)ForeverWolfsbane (Nightshade #2)Supernaturally (Paranormalcy, #2)Hourglass (Hourglass, #1)Blood Red Road (Dustlands, #1)Hex Hall (Hex Hall, #1)Demonglass (Hex Hall, #2)The Unbecoming of Mara DyerThe Iron Knight (Iron Fey, #4)Descended by Blood (Vampire Born Trilogy, #1)Matched

Hmmmmm...when I see it like that, I have to consider that maybe it's time to go on a book-buying ban.  But, alas, I have no willpower, and that would never last.  I am addicted to books.  I am weak.  But I am well-read.  That's got to count for something.

Anything interesting show up in your mailbox this week?

Oh, and in case you were wondering, my Friday Five segment was NOT helping me as well as I had hoped, meaning I can't even summon the willpower to read books in a specific order -- an order that I prepared myself, no less -- so I've decided to stop wasting precious reading time on that segment for now.  If I ever get truly caught up on my TBR list (HA!), maybe I'll pick it up again.

4 comments:

  1. in my defense, i had the book for weeeeeeeks before anything happened to it. sowwy! at least i replaced it, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol...that's okay, sis. I know you didn't mean to do it. You're just going to have to work extra hard now if you want to borrow others. :) (In other words, you're going to ALA with me whether you like it or not. :D)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just discovered the awesomeness of audiobooks too! I'm halfway through my first, hoping to get more!
    You did have a pretty amazing week this week. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome haul! I really need to get a finished copy of Blood Red Road because I lurrrved it. I'm planning on hitting up my Borders this week, and hopefully they'll have some good stuff left. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...