Friday, August 12, 2011

The Scorpio RacesMaggie Stiefvater is one talented woman.  Yet again, she's created another awesome book trailer, this time for The Scorpio Races, due out in October of this year.  On her blog, she calls this book "basically the most me novel that I've ever written."  I was excited to read it before, but now I must have it!  I don't think I can wait until October!  And I might not have to...Maggie is giving away three ARCs as part of a contest to get the word out about the novel!  Click here for the details on the contest, then scroll down to view the Maggie-created trailer for the novel.  Also, to pre-order a signed, Maggie-doodled copy of your own, visit Fountain Bookstore.

From Goodreads:

It happens at the start of every November: the Scorpio Races. Riders attempt to keep hold of their water horses long enough to make it to the finish line. Some riders live. Others die.

At age nineteen, Sean Kendrick is the returning champion. He is a young man of few words, and if he has any fears, he keeps them buried deep, where no one else can see them.

Puck Connolly is different. She never meant to ride in the Scorpio Races. But fate hasn’t given her much of a chance. So she enters the competition — the first girl ever to do so. She is in no way prepared for what is going to happen.
 
And here's how Maggie describes the novel:
 
"The book started as a short story written for a tiny anthology I did with the Merry Sisters of Fate, back when we began. It's based on a legend I've always loved (Irish water horses) and deals with two character types I adore. A fierce girl with loads of brothers (I have lots of brothers myself) and a Mr. Darcy sort of love interest (my first Mac was named Mr. Darcy. You know, difficult to get to know but worth it in the end. GET IT?). It's about a deadly horse race run at the base of chalk cliffs, and it is all about siblings, repressed love, and revenge. I spent months researching cliffs and islands and Irish horse racing and buns made with lots of honey to write this novel, and it's basically the most me novel that I've ever written."
 

 

2 comments:

  1. This trailer is so unique and cool! I just love it!

    Also, I’m a new follower— wonderful blog! Stop by my blog and follow me too? :) http://rachelbrookswrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter gave me this book for Christmas last year. Once I started it I couldn't put it down. I wish that every story could be this good. I have loaned it to other people. Get it. Read it. Share it. This book is too good to keep to yourself.
    Howel NJ Maid Service information

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...