Friday, June 17, 2011

All the things I found on the internet this week that made me swoon, giggle, or just wish I had a time machine so I could travel to the future. Enjoy!
First off, Julie Kagawa released the back cover of The Iron Knight.  So, side by side, here's what the front and back of the cover will look like. 

 
Prince Ash 



Yummy!!!


Puck

 
Next up, we have an announcement coming from J.K. Rowling regarding Pottermore.com.  Keep an eye on the owls for more info:  J K Rowling Announces.



Veronica Roth just released the title of the follow-up to Divergent on her site this week:



I loved Divergent.  I'd even go so far as to say it's my favorite dystopian yet.  And that's saying a lot because there have been a lot of good reads in that genre in recent years!  I'll be waiting with bated breath for the release of the cover.


Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
I am soooo excited to read Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs!  It was released last week to rave reviews, and I can't wait to get my hands on a copy.  From all accounts, this is one book you'll need the hardcover to actually appreciate because the eerie story is also interspersed with vintage photographs, like the one's Jacob find in the story.

In case you're still skeptical, here's the trailer for the novel, followed by a video made by the author himself, wherein he searches for the home of one Miss Peregrine:






A couple of other things to note:

You can find a teaser of  Anya's Ghost  by Vera Brosgol here.  Looks to be a very entertaining debut (graphic) novel!

Also of interest, Andrea Cramer's agent posted this little tidbit on his Tumblr:  "The cover to Bloodrose by Andrea Cremer was spotted in the wild on Amazon. If you have the original Nightshade cover, send an e-mail to Penguin (yrmarketing@us.penguingroup.com) and they’ll send you a new dust jacket so your hardcovers will match."  It's like they know how obsessive-compulsive some of us are about our book covers or something, right?!?  He also posted the cover for Bloodrose:


Did you find anything interesting on the internets this week??  Do tell!


2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read Miss Peregrine's either! I've been in the mood for something creeptastic and from the reviews this book has gotten it definitely fits the bill. Can't wait to hear what you think! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree about Divergent I loooove that book. Its one of my top 5 fav books of all time! I love Dystopian! By the way I am you newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...